The Magic of How to Grow Manure Loving Mushrooms
Date(s) - Thursday, November 2, 2023
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Biotech Without Borders
Categories No Categories
We are going to teach you the easiest way to grow mushrooms at home from start to consumption. This class is for beginners and will cover the basic concepts of how to grow your favorite manure-loving mushrooms. We will provide everything you need in this workshop to start your journey as an apprentice mycologist.
Who is this class for
- People who want to learn how to grow mushrooms that thrive in manure
- People who want to learn how to grow gourmet and medicinal mushrooms
- People who want to start growing and eating their own food
- People who are interested in mushrooms and permaculture
- People who like learning fun new things and are interested in mycology
- Ninjas and badasses
What you will go home with
- You will go home with your own mushroom grow bag, which will grow your own mushrooms
- A digital book that helps you grow mushrooms at home
- You will learn how to grow mushrooms at home with ease
- You will get a culture plate so you can grow mushrooms at home from start to finish
- You will get a surprise gift
Meet the instructor
Spencer Zeke Depas (Zeke) is a guest instructor at Biotech Without Borders and a Brooklyn-based small mushroom farmer making some extra cash teaching people how to grow mushrooms. He conducts educational workshops on mushroom cultivation. A self-taught developer and serial tech startup founder, Zeke is a passionate believer in self-education and education without large institutions. Zeke is a community builder and enjoys meaningful connections.
For a glimpse of his mushroom-related endeavors, you can follow him on TikTok.