Mushroom Cloning Workshop
Date(s) - Thursday, November 9, 2023
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Biotech Without Borders
Categories No Categories
This is a fun workshop on how to clone mushrooms. We will provide cloning samples or you can bring your own. After this event we will be having a culture exchange party which will be free to anyone who brings a culture. Taking this workshop will give you free entry.
Who is this class for
- People who want to learn about aseptic technique
- People who want to learn how to use a still air box
- People who want to learn how to clone mushrooms
- People who want to learn about mycology
- People who want to meet some awesome people and do something weird
- Aspiring pirates
What will each ticket include
- A sterilized agar plate and a mushroom culture to clone
- You will learn how to clone a mushroom
- Entrance to our culture exchange party immediately after the workshop
Meet the instructor
Spencer Zeke Depas (Zeke) is a guest instructor at Biotech Without Borders and a Brooklyn-based small mushroom farmer making some extra cash teaching people how to grow mushrooms. He conducts educational workshops on mushroom cultivation. A self-taught developer and serial tech startup founder, Zeke is a passionate believer in self-education and education without large institutions. Zeke is a community builder and enjoys meaningful connections.
For a glimpse of his mushroom-related endeavors, you can follow him on TikTok.